Monday, June 15, 2009

All before lunch...

The last week has been very challenging with the boys - more screaming, hitting, throwing, less sleeping, laughing, eating. I blame the rain. And the fact that we are a month away from 2. They are toddlers. This morning will give you a good taste for the typical:

Goal: Leave the house by 8:15 to get to the gym. At 8:15, Charlie announced he pooped. So upstairs we went to change his diaper. I gave him a pair of socks to hold onto and brought down socks for W&W. Win then hit Wes, so back upstairs for a timeout. Downstairs to put socks on Charlie. But Charlie hid his socks. Put another pair on Wes. Timeout over. Upstairs to get Win, back down to put his socks on. Win finds Charlie's socks. Shoes on all. Jackets on. Walking out the door at 9. Win won't walk down the stairs. Get everyone in the car. Wes climbs into the front seat and pretends to drive. Finally, everyone in. Get to the gym, unbuckle everyone. Get Win and Charlie out and they are both holding my left hand while I try to grab Wes. C&W decide to hug and kiss while Wes climbs into the front seat. Can't open the front door because I already locked it, coax him to come out the open back door. Close door while holding onto all the boys. Wes gets his finger caught in the door!! Crying. Hugging and kissing. All better. Into the gym we go: 9:20. Halfway through my workout, I notice my pants are covered with toddler cream cheese hand prints. And to top it off, the only downpour we had this morning occurred while I walking them back out to the car. Of course.

Whew.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Ohh - I feel your pain. I feel like I have mornings like that and I only have ONE! - the rain has to end soon right?!

Anonymous said...

Ginger, sending all our loving thoughts your way. I know that doesn't help your reality at all . . .

Hang in there SuperMom!!

Liam says, aahhboooogoygoygoygoygoy.

Love
Lala

Unknown said...

I hope that writing about the joys of "terrible twos" so that we all can't help but laugh helps you see the humor as well in the frustration.

Poppy

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted just reading that! Hang in there : )