Sunday, February 3, 2008

Infants no more!

One of Charlie's bottom teeth has poked its way through! We have a baby with teeth - where has the time gone! His other bottom tooth and the top two are on their way. Win and Wes' gums have swelled, indicating their teeth are not far behind. We haven't felt the disastrous effects of teething, thankfully. Charlie's sleep was a bit disturbed about two weeks ago (45 min naps and waking during the night). Wes was a little fussy, but nothing terrible or constant. And you would never know anything was going on to disturb Winston's sunny demeanor.

Wesley surprised everyone by sitting unassisted for 5 seconds yesterday. I know that sounds like, well, seconds. But as Rob put it, it seemed like 20 minutes!

And I'm now officially pump-free. I stopped pumping when the boys turned 6 months old, with mixed emotions. I'm so thankful that I was able to breastfeed for two months, that they were able to get breast milk for 6 months, and that we had so much help with the boys that allowed me to sneak away and pump. But it is difficult knowing that they will no longer receive benefits (antibodies, antioxidants, and I'm sure other "anti's"). I will not miss cleaning and sanitizing all the pump parts, nursing bras, the time it took, and, well, the pump itself.

No comments: