Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting out...

For the last two weeks, the boys and I have enjoyed getting out of the house and hosting play dates. Last week, for the very first mommy-only outing, I took the boys to Lowes and Toys R Us. Not bad for little men! We desperately need to baby-proof our kitchen so that the boys have more room to roam. They are no longer pleased with being gated-in in either the playroom or the sun porch. So I pulled the boys around Lowes in the wagon searching for child-proofing locks and screws - they have learned to pull over the radiator covers, so we're going to have to screw them to the wall! It is so liberating to take the boys out by myself! I know most new moms are out and about days or weeks after the baby is born. But in the old apartment, we couldn't just leave the boys out on the front porch as we ran up and down the stairs getting the others. And when we moved to the 'burbs, we didn't have anything that held all 3 until recently. So it has taken me a year, but it's worth it.

1 comment:

Portia said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you've gotten out! now you just need to make it to Starbucks... :)