Sunday, January 6, 2008

MA Christmas Observed

We spent the weekend at Grammy & Poppy's, celebrating Christmas the only way I know how - by eating Yorkshire Pudding. It is a family tradition - my late Grandfather used to cook this for his family (and I'm sure his parents made it before him), and my mom continued the tradition. She has the magic touch, as it is a very difficult dish to make. Describing the dish to others is difficult as they are normally put off by a soufflé/bread made with the drippings from roast beef, but trust me, it is heaven. Artery clogging heaven that happens only once a year.

The boys loved hanging out in the kitchen with everyone. Fireplace + Bumbo = Entertainment.

Wesley, Charlie and Winston (Yes, they're each are wearing T shirts that say "Everyone's Favorite".)

Enjoying the fire with Julep (You can see the eggs and other ingredients for the Yorkshire Pudding warming next to the fire.)

2 comments:

DaisyDood said...

First the rugby references, now Yorkshire Pudding ;) You are almost more English than me.

Hope all is well, and I have really enjoyed stopping by and seeing how the boys are doing.

Anonymous said...

my husband is british and he loves it when i made yorkshire puddings, i think the secret is getting the oven hot enough, which i hate doing here in panama!

the boys are so cute too in their seats!