Thursday, January 24, 2008

Starting to enjoy tummy time...sort of

The boys can all raise and hold their heads up during tummy time, and often will spend it just rolling over onto their backs. Each has picked up a new trick in the last few days. Winston and I played a fun little game where he would lift his head up, I would look at him and smile and call out his name, and he would smile and quickly bury his head. This went on for about 5 minutes. Wesley amazed me pulling his legs up under him, sticking his butt up in the air and pushing towards me. His lower half was starting to crawl! We're doomed the day his upper half catches on. And Charlie has learned to roll from his front to back and back to front. He spent yesterday showing off this new skill as we found him on the activity mat doing some voluntary tummy time.

I broke down and did what most news moms do: I chopped off 6 inches of hair. My long hair had apparently become the safety ropes that the boys would hold onto as I would try to put them down. Unfortunately, this habit has not stopped, but at least now they are 3 inches from my face as they cling for dear life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you know you can't leave a teaser like you cut 6 inches off and not post of picture! We are dying the see the new hair!!

traci and NN gang!