Friday, March 21, 2008

Breakfast with Daddy (unauthorized)

So here is the version of "Breakfast with Daddy" that the government doesn't want you to see.

First of all, what kind of "New Moms" group requires moms to leave their precious babes all alone with Daddy? It would seem that new moms would be against abandonment, but what do I know? I am just a Dad.

Here is a bit of Dad-logic for you. Babies scream when eating their oatmeal-pear gruel, but don't scream when eating washcloths. Cotton is nutritious, right?



Next, I love my boy Winston. He showed what he thought of dear-old UVA for rejecting Daddy by blowing his diaper out all over his blue-and-orange. Way to go, Win! But next time, could you give Daddy a heads-up? Discovering a blow-out with your right hand is probably not the way to go. Anyone reading this will probably never shake my hand again, and rightly so.

Of course, he must not have gotten the memo that a blow-out leads to a change of clothes, so that there was no reason to puke his whole bottle about 25 minutes later. That just leads to an all-hassle, no-humor change of clothes. Great, not even noon and Win is on his third outfit.

Ring-ring...Hello, Sweetie...when are you coming home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Johnson Family said...

Rob - sorry to steal Ginger away for the new mom's group! I laughed really hard reading this post though. I just discovered this week what a baby blow out means... Soren's was at 4am while I was feeding him. It's totally gross and I can understand the no-humor clothes change :-) Maybe the boys can come with Ginger next time? Hey, you should copyright that nutritious cotton idea.