Monday, March 10, 2008

Plans? What plans?

God keeps showing us that he has great plans for us. Since the boys were born, we have tried to wait patiently for Him to reveal His plans for two major life events: Rob and grad school (and if we were moving to VA) and my return to work. Within the last week or so, just as the wait really started to eat away at both of us, both answers were revealed.

We had been feeling like God was speaking to us to stay in the Boston area for the time being, so we prayed that if that were the case, to not let Rob get into the PhD program to which he applied. And God spoke to us, and he didn't get in. In my opinion, it truly is the act of God that he didn't get in considering he had a perfect GRE score, honors from a top seminary, outstanding recommendations and essays, and had been an alumnus. How else is it possible? :) This doesn't mean that a PhD program is off the table for good, just for the next year.

We were also anxious to find out about my work situation. Monday was my first day back after 8 months, when I learned that my position was moved to one of our headquarters in Iowa. My choices were to move to Iowa or take the severance. I have mixed emotions because I will miss being part of that group and I didn't expect my time at the company would end like this after 7 years. But it truly is a blessing in disguise due to their generosity with the severance package and now I will have more time with the boys. The timing could not be better - it will carry us through Rob's graduation and will continue to cover our health insurance needs until we know the next step.

So here we are, Rob is about to graduate from seminary, I am without a job, and we have to find a new place to live because we have to move out of our apartment in June. And we feel so blessed.

1 comment:

veronique said...

so does this mean that we (boston) get to keep you guys here because if thats the case you will have as many banana breads loafs as i can bake up!