Friday, February 6, 2009

The stomach flu

I haven't had a moment to write nearly two weeks because the boys came down with the stomach flu. My only guess is that they picked it up when we went to the pediatrician appointment the previous Monday. Winston was the first one to get sick, starting on Wednesday, then Wesley, Charlie and Rob followed suit on Thursday night. I'll spare you the details, but this bug is awful. The boys were miserable (to say the least), and watched more Veggie Tales DVDs than they have in their lifetime. It lasted about 8 days, and was trying to say the least.

It is beyond difficult caring for not one, two, three - but FOUR sick men at once! And when I needed it most, we were blessed by help. Our part-time nanny Valerie offered to help out on Friday, then Grammy and Poppy came on Sunday to give me a much needed break. And wouldn't you know, they were all hit hard by the stomach bug as well! I have no idea how or why, but I was the only one to avoid this stomach virus.

I'm thankful to start to resume normal, but the fun that we're experiencing now is the post-sickness "why can't you hold me all the time anymore" tantrums...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again proves that you need the 'Mommy of the year award.' This is the worst case of 'man flu' I have heard of in a long time!!!

Thanks for taking such good care of all the Boston Bunn boys!!

Sounds like mom needs a spa day to make up for this. :)

Love
Lala

Anonymous said...

8 days...4 sick men...you deserve a medal!!!

Holy cow! I cannot imagine!

So what nice ring has Rob gotten you as an APPROPRIATE thank you??? :)

Traci

Newz Flash said...

Ginger when you can please go to funny freaks.com on blogspot

from
Brayden huston