Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A great day sandwiched between two very bad days

I had a wonderful birthday last Friday. I woke up to the smell of my favorite coffee brewing, and got to sit down with my four favorite men for a breakfast of bagels with lox, cream cheese, capers, red onion, and lime. Valerie came for the morning and I left to treat myself to a pedicure and a few (fun) errands - like buying cupcakes! I spent the afternoon at the park, meeting up with a friend with twins and other twin moms. (The boys were hysterical. Wes kept finding and handing rocks to a random grandfather. Charlie wanted to stir his stick in another girl's sand bucket - she was not happy with this. Even when I got him a bucket of his own, he only wanted to play with hers. And Win joined us in the sandbox and proceeded to throw sand on the girl's mom, which she thought was funny.) After the boys went to bed, Rob got take out from our favorite Thai place and we proceeded to play with my gift - a Wii!

So backing up, the day before had been very trying. The boys were just screaming left and right, starting fights, throwing tantrum after tantrum. But the kicker was when (in his crib) Win decided to pull down his diaper and pee everywhere. Covering about a quarter of the room. And all this was before 11am.

But I would have traded everything for that awful Thursday, when on Saturday, I woke up with the stomach flu. Thankfully, it only lasted about 36 hours, but it knocked me out. And thankfully, it was a Saturday, so Rob was home and able to care for the boys without any help from me. But all is better now!

3 comments:

Kim said...

You keep scaring me with this pulling off of diapers stuff because Reilly has been pulling at his diaper for weeks now. I dread when he can get it off.

Anonymous said...

Hey ginger- Its cortney!

I update myself on blog all the time!
And the diaper thing was cracking me up- One of the family I nanny for now...well we have been having the same problem... and I know this sounds awful But the solution has been duct tape. It comes in all of these fun colors like " island lime" "funky flamingo"and "aqua duck" plus many more. It has worked wonders, using the fun colors you can make it a game and best of all they cant get it off! Just cut about a 6 inch piece so that it just cvers both of the front tabs and it is nice and secure!! Because one morning you will wake up with poopies smeared all over everything....and as you can guess it is not fun to clean up. I have been picking it up at target but I am sure you can find it just about anywhere! Good Luck! hehe

All my love- Cortney Groleau

http://www.ducktapecentral.com/

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side. If Win can recognize the sensation in time to get his diaper off and pee in the room, he has got to be close to potty training!!! The down side, time to give a reality check to a little man who clearly knows how to test boundaries. :) You will look back one day and laugh. Just not any time soon.

Love
Lala