Thursday, July 16, 2009

All done!

I can't believe it, but the steps are all done (with the exception of the iron railings). The demolition took a few hours, and the steps and walkway were built in a day and half. And that included hand placing and shaping the stones, removing our frail rhododendron, and frequent waves to the triplets in the window.
Wesley, Charlie and Winston loved the trucks!

All done! I think we'll keep the caution tape up just for fun...


Now all we need is a railing so we can actually use the steps.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wow Ginger - looks great! I'm impressed having seen it in person yesterday - those guys worked fast!

Kate said...

Wow Ginger - looks great! I'm impressed having seen it in person yesterday - those guys worked fast!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Absolutely beautiful! Too bad you HAD to do the renovation instead of just deciding to do it. Dern Home Inspectors--I have definitely learned NEVER use a Home Inspector recommended by your realtor. So many things I would do differently if I was buying a house again!

Nevertheless, it is georgous!

Traci

Anonymous said...

I know this must have been a real joy to replace, but it looks GREAT! Really beautiful addition to the home.

Love
Lala