Monday, May 12, 2008

A wonderful Mother's Day

The greatest gift on Mother's Day? Sleep! Rob let me sleep in - though how times have changed when waking at 7:30am is considered sleeping in! He prepared a special breakfast (my favorite: bagels with cream cheese, salmon, capers, red onions and lime, and of course, mimosas) for all of us. We then headed out to Grammy and Poppy's to celebrate the day. Rob prepared crab cakes and salads for all - it was such a treat.

But I must say, one of the most special parts of the day was when my parent's mentioned they found a 1st grade Mother's Day project that I did in school: Haikus for Mom. There on the first page was the haiku I wrote for my mom when I was 6. So as a present for my first Mother's Day, my parent's wrote me a haiku:

Gently nurtures three
Clothed with dignity and strength
Brings sweet joy to all


How sweet is that! Thank you Mom & Dad!

Granny, Poppa, Winston, Uncle Raymond, Charlie, Wesley and Nanna

A Mother's Day portrait (Winston had his new pouty face on, but he was also sitting in my lap practicing his "m" sounds by saying "mamamamama"!)

Charlie

Winston

Wesley

Julep

No comments: