Monday, June 30, 2008

Boys and their toys

The boys got an early (thanks to unexpectedly quick shipping!) birthday present from Grammy & Poppy: a Choo Choo Wagon. I've heard from numerous triplet parents that this wagon is a necessary item, and often replaces the stroller altogether. Poppa, Nanna and I put the wagon together (after he put together Rob's workbench...more on that...) and we took the boys for their first ride when Grammy & Poppy arrived. As a side note, Rob and I feel so fortunate to have parents that truly enjoy each other and want to spend time together! So it was nice to sit down and have a big family meal after the boys went down to bed.

Grammy buckling in Charlie (I love how he's staring at her, as if to say, what are you doing to me?), Nanna with Winston, and Wesley bringing up the rear


And they're off!



What a great walk it was! The wagon is fantastic - so easy to pull and the boys loved it. By the end of the ride, Charlie was turned around in his seat, chatting with Winston, and Wesley was leaning over the side, touching the moving wheels with his fingers.

Rob came home from work to not only find all of us (wagon included) in the driveway, but when he stepped in the garage he noticed a surprise. Poppa and I went to Home Depot today, and he went on a bit of a shopping spree to get Rob setup for tools at home. He spent the afternoon putting together a workbench and setting out all of Rob's new toys...I mean tools.
A Daddy explaining each toy to his son

An excited boy


And speaking of toys, as I write this, Rob and Poppa are in the living room installing the 46 inch flat screen TV Rob just bought. (It was a well deserved and long awaited I-made-it-through-seminary gift.) Talk about giddy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What neat toys . . . for all!!

Love the pictures!

Love
Lala

Johnson Family said...

I love the wagon :-) Maybe all the babes can take turns riding when the new mama's head out to see you... your boys can show them how it's done.

Anonymous said...

What lucky boys to get pulled around in a wagon!! Hope Rob is enjoying his new toys as well. Ginger - I am assuming you get to enjoy the big tv too!!

I miss you!
Cindy M

Christy said...

Congratulations on all the neat goodies! A wagon seat for each boy, a work bench with tools, AND a new TV?! wow!!!! Doesn't get much better than that!!

I can't believe how big the boys are getting. I remember first posting when they were just born. Where does time fly?!