Monday, July 30, 2007

Not Larry Moe and Curly

Just a quick post to let you all know where the boys names came from. It meant a lot to both of us to honor our families by passing along all family names. Although "Huey Dewey and Louey" was tempting, we opted for the following...

Winston Robert: Winston was Rob's Pappy's name. Robert is for both Rob and his father.

Wesley James: Wesley was Rob's Granny's father's and brother's middle name. James is for Ginger's grandfather, father and brother.

Charles Raymond: Charles was from Ginger's ancestor Charles Lane Poor, from whom Ginger and her mother share the middle name Lane. Raymond is for Rob's uncle.

For those of you who were frustrated that we kept these names secret, do know that these were not the first names we decided on. It wasn't until we were faced with the imminent arrival of the boys that the names were (changed) and settled. Ginger likes to keep her options open till the last second apparently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ginger,
Yay!!! So happy you're feeling better and the boys are doing so well! They are just so beautiful and I can't wait until you get to take them home and I bet that isn't long!! And I LOVE their names!! My babies are also named after family and doesnt that just mean so much?
Guess what... Cade comes home with us tomorrow!!! Day 40 in the NICU so it's about time huh? I think Anja and Jonah will be home too in a few weeks so you and I and our hubbys will all be having LOTS of sleepless nights...isn't life grand??? Cade weighs 4 pounds as of today and Anja is 3 lbs 12 ounces and Jonah is 3 lbs 8 ounces. Can you believe your boys are bigger than mine already??? I am still in awe of you for carrying them so long.
I let the ladies on the multiples and sept boards know how you are doing and they all send prayers and can't wait to hear from you. I didn't tell the boy's names, weights or anything..just that you had all the problems but the boys are fine. I know you will wanna give them details:) I miss you, mama!!

Love, Amanda,
and my 3 little possums Cade, Jonah and Anja- 5 1/2 weeks old

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Bunns!

i am karen (johnson)carl's sister-in-law, heather. through lori, karen has been keeping me updated on your pregnancy and delivery of your little miracles! i have been praying for all 5 of you. my husband and i have 2 boys (8 and 4 now) that were both born very prematurely, so while not having 3 at a time, i can somewhat relate! :o) they are beautiful babies and i praise the lord that they are doing so well!! may you continue to be showered with HIS love, grace and support as your family and friends rally around you!!

Blessing to you all!
Heather Carl