Saturday, July 28, 2007

Whew

First of all, thank you everyone for your prayers. I can't remember much about the last few day (Rob will need to catch me up on what has actually happened), but all I know is that I feel exceptionally blessed to be able to sit here, upright and conscious, and send this note of thanks to you all.

The birth was a beautiful event, despite the fact that I had dirt as a pillow. :) I was so concerned with the boys health and all potential problems that they could have that I actually skipped over those chapters in the pregnancy books that addressed potential maternal complications. I figured it could never happen to me, but then again, this pregnancy was all about: if it happens to 1% of the population, then it happens to us.

We have had such incredible care at Mass General. We also are apparently the couple to break their incredible runs as surgeons. Our doctor told us today that after thousands and thousands of c-sections, he has never had to go back into emergency surgery to fix one of us his own. Not that this was his fault, but of course my body would like to do things differently. He mentioned that he often is faced with unusual signs in recovery, but this is the first time a patient had not responded to all treatments. Again, apparently we like to be that 1%. Apparently my blood pressure was 60/40 and they could tell my other systems were starting to fail. Rob has been an absolute rock to have his wife and 3 new boys in the ICU at the same time.

So my health is finally under control. I was moved out of the ICU yesterday, and finally feel a bit human today. I'm still exhausted, but at least now I feel somewhat coherant. All of my IVs, tubes and such have been removed, so now we're just focused on recovery, such as standing and walking.

The boys are doing great. Each is enjoying their first tanning experience, under the sun lamps for their jaundice. Wes and Charlie are off of all respiratory support (Wes even had his IV taken out). Winston still needs a little help keeping his lungs open, but should be off of that by tomorrow. Rob has already mastered diapering, temperature taking and bathing (for the boys and himself).

We will try to post more photos tonight or tomorrow. Thank you again everyone. I can't tell you have much it means to us to have all of your love and support at a very incredible yet frightening time.

Love,
Ginger, Rob, Winston, Wesley and Charlie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you are better Ginger. What a scare! We hope the recovery goes smoothly.

Love, Laura and Allen Town

Anonymous said...

Our precious daughter and son-in-law, Ginger and Rob!

You have walked through the greatest trial admist the unspeakable joy and blessing of 3 healthly births. You were surrounded by God's sustaining Hand and the sweet prayers of so many. We love you dearly and thank God for bringing you through this. We know that you will be loving parents and your children will be a reflection of God's Goodness!
Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

All your friends from the park have had you in our thoughts and have been waiting to hear the wonderful news of Ginger's recovery. I know I speak for all of us when I say we are relieved to know you are well, and share in the joy of your beautiful boys.

Still can't wait to meet them!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Ging, I can't tell you how nice it is to "hear your voice", so to speak. You are an amazing woman. Your strength, positivity and faith are truely inspiring. With all that you have gone through, it is so wonderful that you are finally going to be able to enjoy those three miracles of yours. And hey, that's quite a husband you got there too! Much Love, Ellie and crew

To and Lo Janke said...

Dear Boston Bunns,
We are so glad to have correspondence from Ginger. We have never such fear as we felt last Thursday. We don't feel like all of the "scared" has left our bodies yet.
We rejoice in the care you have received and the hands taking care of you - - that includes, but is not limited to the medical team at Mass General.
We love you and can't wait to see you all.

Love,
'Bias and Lala

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Shanna and I am priveledged to be one of the many nurses in the NICU at MGH caring for the Bunn Trips. I was in the delivery room when all three were born and I was responsible for "C", soon to be known as Charlie, or as we nurses have been calling him "Chuck". Although I have been keeping a close eye on all three boys, I have only been taking care of Chuck since he was first born, so I know him best of all (after Ginger of course!!). Ever since Charlie was born he has been moving non-stop and very very fiesty!. He has, what I believe, the loudest voice of all three boys and he is not shy to protest when he doesn't like something! Just the other day I was doen the hall and heard what I thought was the cry of a full term baby, come to find out that it was Charlie crying because he had filled his pants! I think rob was a little scared!!
Charlie has the lightest, blondest hair of all three boys. Both his brothers have dark/brown hair, but Charlie is extremely fair, even his eye brows! and I believe his eyes are blue (even though most newborns are born with blue eyes.)His eyes are exquisite and incredibly inquisitive, not missing a thing when he is awake, which is most of the time. Since all three boys are all individuals in their own right, I must say that Charlie has moved along the quickest, although I may be a litlle partial:)))He has taken all of feeds in the last 24 hrs. almost all by mouth, which is absolutely incredible for someone born at his gestational age. He continues to amaze us all. I think he is trying to show off to his big brother's, Wes and Win that just because he's the youngest, he may not be the slowest!!!

I must say that over the past few days I have gotten to know the Bunn family and Rob and Ginger are an incredible team. They are amazing together and Wesley, Win and Charlie are very lucky to have been born into such a warm and loving family. I have been honored to care for these miracles, for which they truly are.

Sent with love, Shanna, RN.