Monday, July 21, 2008

Belly

One year ago today, I looked like this...


This photo was the last of our belly shots, taken at 33 weeks, just days before I entered the hospital to give birth to the boys. As if you can't tell from the photo, I was huge. I was kicked and punched around my sides, under my ribs and everywhere else. The weight of my belly was tremendous - so much so that I would literally be crushed when I would have to lay on my back for ultrasounds. Rob would often comply with my requests and hold up my belly. He would carry the weight, relieving me for a few minutes. But with all that, I loved being pregnant. It was a wonderful experience to learn and know the boys before knowing them physically. And I never felt better about my body, despite the size.

I feel honored that God chose me to carry triplets, an experience few women get to enjoy. And we feel honored that He is carrying us through the experience of raising these wonderful little men.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have definitely developed an attitude of gratitude when you can give thanks for being pregnant with triplets. We thank you for your hard work the last 2 years. You did a good job then and continue to do an awesome job now with the munchkins. Happy Birthday to the clan. We miss you. Love, Nanna

Anonymous said...

That is amazing to remember. What a special time!!!

See you this weekend for the bday!!

Love
Lala

Anonymous said...

Hey Ging,

Where are your "after" shots? You know, your slim belly now!
:)
Lizzie