Monday, July 14, 2008

Maine with Lala & 'Bias

Summer is finally here - we made it to Maine. I have been going to the same wonderful haven on the coast of Maine for my entire life - where my family has vacationed for four generations. The cottage we stay in was my Great Grandmother's, where I have memories of learning chopsticks on her piano. And to make the Cove even more special, Rob asked me to marry him while we picnicked on the rocks, nearly 7 years ago. So it is an absolute joy to share this place with the boys for the first time. Rob's sister Lori and her husband Tobias (Lala and 'Bias) came up for the weekend - a bit of a "babymoon" before their son is born in October!
The roadtrip

The boys were asleep by the time we arrived, so Rob quickly setup their pack and plays in the living room. We heard them wake up giggling.

Walking to the Groc (The Island Grocery) for provisions. The reason the Cove is so great is that there is so little to do. There is no TV, no internet - just long walks, fresh lobster cooked in ocean water, and games of Gin Rummy.

Hanging at the Groc

Meeting the lobsters (selecting that night's dinner)

Onkel 'Bias and Wesley

Tante Lala and Win

Lala playing with the boys on the porch (our makeshift playpen)

Wesley enjoying the view

Who needs toys when you have tables and chairs?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So will Bruce and I be allowed in Mass. if we have never eaten Lobster? I know Maine is out of the question but I did want to check on Mass!!

Traci